- At the start of the day perform a high flash and run up the emission.
- Open the beam valve and check there is a beam on the large phosphor screen.
- Ensure that ‘Ronchigram’ is selected on TEMCentre and that scanning is stopped on digital micrograph.
- Check objective lens is set to standard defocus.
- Bring sample to eucentric height (infinite magnification).
- Set camera length to 20cm.
- Manually correct for coma and two-fold astigmatism in the Ronchigram on the focus phosphor screen or camera.
- Centre the Ronchigram using the projector lens deflectors.
- If necessary run the corrector (CEOS for E01, COSMO for E02)
- Insert the required condenser lens aperture and centre to the flat area of the ronchigram.
- Select the required camera length.
- Using the projector lens deflectors centre the bright field disc to the centre of the detectors.
- Deselect ‘Ronchigram’ in TEMCentre.
In TEMCentre, select the required detectors for imaging.