- Set camera length to 2.5 cm.
- Select 5 mm entrance aperture on EELS spectrometer.
- Select dispersion value required.
- Under EELS window select single and user profile.
- Ensure energy shift is at zero.
- Ensure exposure time <1x10-4 s.
- Start view and manually increase exposure time until ~1x104 intensity in the zero-loss peak.
- Adjust PL deflectors to maximise intensity of zero loss peak.
- Align zero loss peak (automatic procedure under "tune GIF")
- Adjust focus x, y and Sx , Sy of zero loss peak to minimise FWHM.
- Select dual mode and required collection profile.
- Once spectrum obtained highlight area around zero-loss peak, select SI menu and align SI by peak. This will realign all spectra to the zero loss peak position.
|Content by Label|